Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Allen Wrench on Aisle 23

To Whom it may Concern,

First and foremost, let me say, I love IKEA furniture! About 70% of the furniture in my house is IKEA furniture and I plan to buy more in the future.

I know that IKEA wants to take responsibility for the environment and is taking many positive steps in that direction with flat boxes, using waste products, and reducing resources used in production of your goods.

There is one area where your company could improve. With almost every piece of IKEA furniture I've purchased, I have received an allen wrench. I now have dozens of them around my house and in my toolbox. I would love for your store to provide a way to recycle allen wrenches at your store and, ideally, for your store to find a way to reuse them.

I have talked to many other individuals who frequently shop at your store and many of them have shared similar concerns. Almost all of your packing materials are recyclable except for the wrench that comes with many of your products. I would greatly appreciate your business devising a way to make the allen wrench yet another area in which sustainability and concern for resources is a high priority.

Thank you,
Laura M.

PS: For any of you reading this letter on my blog, I would encourage you to send a similar letter to IKEA

No comments:

Snapbomb